Pennsylvania-LETRS Certified Train-the-Trainer Modules
Pennsylvania-LETRS Certified Train-the-Trainer Module 10, 2nd edition
Wednesday March 20, 2019 9:00 AM - 4:30 PM
Thursday March 21, 2019 8:30 AM - 4:00 PM
This event is by invitation only. You must have a registration key in order to register.
LETRS is a professional development program for educators who are responsible for improving K-12 instruction in reading, writing and spelling. In the 2 day Train the Trainer model for Module 10, 2nd edition, participants will dig deeper into research and training techniques in order to develop the skills and depth of knowledge needed to deliver the PA LETRS module 10 training to other educators around the area of advanced decoding, syllabication and morphology.
- Read and review current research around advanced word study
- Read and review current research around the teaching of morphology
- Review and determine how to identify words from Anglo-Saxon, Latin and Greek origins
- Review a lesson framework for teaching recognition of big words.
- Explore scope and sequence and effective instructional routines for teaching syllabication; word building and word analysis with prefixes, roots, and suffixes
30 consultants with reading expertise to be trained to be trainers in the LETRS program.
Individuals attending this course must arrive on time and stay the duration of the course in order to receive Act 48 Professional Education hours. Requests for exceptions are to be brought to the attention of the individual´s Superintendent or IU Director prior to the course.