QBS Recertification Training
Monday October 04, 2021 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM - PaTTAN - CENTRAL
This event is by invitation only. You must have a registration key in order to register.
Safety Care is a competency based behavioral safety training program designed to facilitate safe and therapeutic interactions between students and teachers working in educational settings.
Safety Care provides strategies for preventing and safely managing behavioral challenges with respect and compassion. The program is based upon an applied behavior analytic paradigm in every component, with every technique.
Safety Care first focuses on training reinforcement-based strategies, teaching participants to proactively and positively engage clients in behaviors that are incompatible with anger and aggression.
- Trainees will be able to describe and demonstrate critical skills relevant to preventing behavioral incidents, including differential reinforcement and elbow check.
- Trainees will be able to describe and demonstrate critical skills relevant to minimizing behavioral incidents, including detection of antecedents, safety stance, and de-escalation.
- Trainees will be able to describe and demonstrate physical safety skills for containing and managing aggressive behavior.
- Trainees will be able to describe and demonstrate emergency physical intervention skills that are safe and follow a least restrictive intervention model.
- Trainees will be able to describe and demonstrate effective procedures for teaching the Safety-Care behavioral safety course to adult learners.
District staff, IU staff, PaTTAN consultants, and other interested parties, who currently hold a certification as a QBS Safety Care Trainer.
Reasonable efforts will be made to accommodate individuals who have special needs as addressed by the Americans with Disabilities Act and who need assistance at this training. Contact: Ashley Frye at 800-441-3215 or firstname.lastname@example.org