2023 Safe and Supportive Learning Environments: Prevention Before the Crisis Summit
Safe and Supportive Learning Environments: Prevention Before Crisis
Wednesday August 16, 2023 9:45 AM - 4:15 PM - PaTTAN - CENTRAL
Day One attendees of the Safe and Supportive Learning Environment Summit can begin the day engaged in mindfulness activities that will lead participants through strategies designed to promote regulation. Dr. Bryan Meyer will present a keynote address focused on points to consider regarding de-escalation. Participants can select from an array of sessions designed to support educators and learners from early childhood through school-age.
- Define phases of escalation.
- Identify methods to create systems to support regulated educator and learner behaviors.
- Examine evidenced-based strategies to create safe and supportive learning environments.
Suggested participants include the following:
- Educators, including early childhood educators
- Behavioral specialists (school counselors, school psychologists, special educators)
- Behavioral and mental health providers
- Emotional Support teachers
- Emotional Support paraprofessionals
Reasonable efforts will be made to accommodate individuals who have special needs as addressed by the Americans with Disabilities Act and who need assistance at this event. Contact: Tina Rife, at 717-901-2251, or firstname.lastname@example.org