2022 Pennsylvania Computer Science For All Summit
Wednesday June 22, 2022 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM - PaTTAN - CENTRAL
Thursday June 23, 2022 9:00 AM - 1:30 PM - PaTTAN - CENTRAL
The Fifth Annual Pennsylvania Computer Science for All (CSforAllPA) Summit theme will be Turning Points, representing the fifth anniversary of the Summit and a critical moment in CS education. Throughout the CSforAllPA Summit educators, leaders, and stakeholders have the opportunity to share, discuss, and collaboratively develop tools, resources, and practices for CS learning experiences that provide opportunities for entering the workforce, developing or reevaluating current CS programs, and strategies for recruiting and retaining students in CS programs. The Summit specifically focuses on equitably serving historically under-served populations including students with disabilities, English Learners, and females.
As outlined in Governor Wolf’s PAsmart initiative, most good paying jobs in Pennsylvania, and across the country, over the next decade will require some form of education or training in the fields of Computer Science (CS) and Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM). To help meet this demand, Pennsylvania, under the leadership of Governor Wolf and Secretary of Education Ortega, is working to create and expand access to computer science learning for all.
- Express practices for CS education that can be transferred into the PA workforce.
- Describe key ways for various stakeholders to start or reevaluate a CS program within their LEA.
- Identify goals and initiatives for CS education in Pennsylvania, set forth by the Pennsylvania Department of Education.
- Explore strategies for recruiting, engaging, and retaining students in CS, especially students in identified underrepresented populations.
- Explain and engage with foundational CS concepts and practices through activities designed for K-12 students.
District Administrators, Principals, School Counselors, School Librarians, K-12 General Ed, Special Education and English Language Learner teachers, anyone interested in K-12 Computer Science in Pennsylvania
Reasonable efforts will be made to accommodate individuals who have special needs as addressed by the Americans with Disabilities Act and who need assistance at this event. Contact: Sadie Hetrick, at 717-901-2273, or firstname.lastname@example.org