2021 Pennsylvania Department of Education Conference
Thursday March 04, 2021 12:30 PM - 1:30 PM - Webinar
Join Pennsylvania’s educators for the Bureau of Special Education’s signature event. This annual statewide conference offers an opportunity to learn and engage with nationally recognized presenters, highlighting effective instructional strategies and interventions designed to make an educational difference for all students. Conference topics include: Equity, Literacy, Mathematics, Secondary Transition, Behavior, Autism, Family Engagement, Leadership, Cultural Responsibility, Inclusion, Behavioral Health, STEM, and Legal Issues.
Participants will be able to:
- List two common communication barriers that can result in FAPE-related issues.
- Explain how positive school/parent relationships can result in more productive IEP teams.
- Identify appropriate communication styles to connect across demographic differences.
- List at least three effectual approaches for staff, student, and parent engagement.
- Describe at least three cogent instructional methods to improve student academic outcomes
General education and special education administrators and teachers, paraprofessionals, school psychologists, professional development staff, and families of students with disabilities are encouraged to attend.
Reasonable efforts will be made to accommodate individuals who have special needs as addressed by the Americans with Disabilities Act and who need assistance at this event. Contact: Debra Jordan, at 800-441-3215, extension 7224, or email@example.com.