Annual AEDY Conference 2020
09. Individual Positive Behavior Support Plans in an AEDY Setting
Tuesday April 21, 2020 10:50 AM - 11:35 AM
This session will present an analysis of positive behavior support plans that includes the critical components to consider when writing the plan. Behavior plans should consist of antecedent interventions to reduce motivation to engage in the problem behavior, a socially appropriate alternative behavior that will be taught to replace the problem behavior, and strategies for how staff will prevent the problem behavior from contacting reinforcement when it does occur. A focus on identifying the function, or functions, of problem behavior and then designing a plan that includes instructional goals to teach appropriate replacement behavior will be emphasized.
At the end of the training participants will be able to:
- Define LEA and private providers’ requirements for ensuring English Learners receive evidence-based English Language instruction.
- Identify the key tenets of the multi-tiered system of supports (MTSS) framework, to include academic, behavioral, and social-emotional learning.
- List the criteria required to complete a comprehensive review of students while in the AEDY Program.
- Identify various tools to assist students in returning successfully to their regular classroom.
Sending LEAs to AEDY facilities and AEDY Providers
Reasonable efforts will be made to accommodate individuals who have special needs as addressed by the Americans with Disabilities Act and who need assistance at this event. Contact: Sadie Hetrick, at 717-901-, or email@example.com