Pennsylvania Family Support and Home Visiting Conference: Supporting and Strengthening Families
Monday March 23, 2020 10:00 AM - 4:45 PM
Tuesday March 24, 2020 8:30 AM - 2:30 PM
This event is by invitation only. You must have a registration key in order to register.
This conference will focus on enhancing the knowledge and skills of administrators and staff who support families in Pennsylvania’s home visiting programs. Participants will have an opportunity to learn from national and state experts in child development, strengthening families/protective factors, parent engagement, impacts of substance use disorders, and screenings for families at high risk. Participants will have opportunities to learn more about Pennsylvania’s resources for infants, toddlers, preschoolers and their families.
Participants will be able to:
- Define the skills and competencies needed for home visitors and family support specialists working directly with families in their homes;
- Develop cross-systems networking opportunities among those working with Pennsylvania’s infant and early childhood family support and home visiting programs;
- List three types of advocacy and education resources for home visitation and family support services; and
- Identify state and national trends in parent engagement, screenings for families at high risk, and ways to access resources for working with families.
- Administrators and staff from Pennsylvania’s Home Visiting and Family Support Programs
- Administrators and staff from Early Intervention programs, parents involved in home visiting or Early Intervention programs.