IEPs, 504s, and Communication Plans

The educational team at the student’s local educational agency (LEA)/school work together to determine the needs of each student who is deaf or hard of hearing and to compose a program to best meet those needs.  Families and students are an integral part of the team.  Educational teams may use an Individualized Education Program  (IEP) or a 504 plan to meet the educational needs of the d/hh student. The Communication Plan is the first part of the IEP document.  For more information on the difference between IEP and 504 plans, please visit this resource,  504 or IEP?

Special Education Forms can be found under the Legal section of the PaTTAN website.