November 18-20, 2019
We will see you in State College!
Still want to register? Walk-in registration available at the conference!
Continue to support the tradition of Pennsylvania’s Low Incidence Institute by attending the HELIX Conference! Learn about the strategies and tools students need to meet high expectations.
Staff who support students with low incidence disabilities (including intellectual disabilities) and may serve the following roles:
- Family members
- Special education teachers who support students with low incidence disabilities
- Teachers of students with visually impairments/orientation and mobility specialists
- Teachers of students with hearing loss
- Speech therapists who serve students with complex communication needs
- Supervisors and others who support programs for students with low incidence disabilities
- Professionals who support students with an acquired brain injury
Join us in November!
History of the HELIX Conference
Over the past several years, Pennsylvania’s Low Incidence Institute has provided educators and families with the opportunity to engage in deep learning and collegial discussion on topics and strategies essential to the learning and achievement of students with low incidence disabilities.
HELIX (High Expectations for Students with Low Incidence Disabilities) is the reimagining of the Low Incidence Institute by focusing on preparing ALL students, especially students with low incidence disabilities, to be college or career ready when they leave Pennsylvania’s schools. The logo of the interconnected arrows moving upward symbolizes high expectations for student achievement, entwined with strong professional collaboration to help our students accomplish their goals.
HELIX is being held toward the first part of the school year so you can immediately apply your newly-acquired knowledge to your work with students and share ideas with your colleagues.
HELIX has an added focus on strategies and supports for students with intellectual disabilities and students with complex communication needs.