AAC Talks 2022: The Power of Language
May 13, 2022
Join us for our fourth annual AAC Talks web conference designed to provide practical ideas, strategies, and resources for making connections and engaging students with complex communication needs. This year’s theme, the power of language, is meant to inspire participants to consider creative solutions and new ways of thinking about AT implementation that promotes the development of language and literacy for empowering our students who use augmentative-alternative communication systems. National and local presenters will discuss a variety of topics including ways to engage learners with complex communication needs, starting points for collecting data on students’ progress, specific strategies to go beyond requesting, techniques to incorporate into everyday communicative contexts, and how to customize displays to support the student’s AAC use, and their access to the device.
Schoology is the primary platform for the conference. The code needed for joining the AAC Talks Schoology course for the web conference is provided in the registration confirmation email.
Before the Conference:
On Conference Day (May 13th):
- Schoology is the primary platform for the conference.
- Logon to Schoology for session links, handouts, and details
- For general conference support email email@example.com.
- Email technical difficulties to: Pattaneastquestions@pattankop.net
- Complete the Session Verification Survey (available 4 PM May 13 through 4 PM on May 17)
Who Should Attend:
- General education and special education teachers
- Speech/Language Pathologists
- Other Related Service Providers
- Families of Students who Need or Use Augmentative/Alternate Communication