The Pennsylvania Advisory Committee for the Education of Students who are Blind or Visually Impaired
The Pennsylvania Advisory Committee on Education of Students Who Are Blind or Visually Impaired (PACES-BVI) advises the Bureau of Special Education (BSE) and responds to requests from BSE on information, current issues, and preferred practices pertaining to the unique educational needs of students who are blind or visually impaired. PACES-BVI’s mission is to promote excellence in the provision of educational programs and services to Pennsylvania students who are blind, visually impaired, deaf-blind, and blind or visually impaired with additional disabilities. Their vision is for all students who are blind or visually impaired to have access to the resources necessary to achieve their full potential.
Current (May 2018) PACES-BVI subcommittees include:
Connect with PACES-BVI via email (email@example.com).
- Cerebral/Cortical Visual Impairment (CVI)
- Expanded Core Curriculum (ECC)
- Expansion of Secondary Transition Programming
- Learning Media Assessment and Assistive Technology (LMA and AT)
- Pennsylvania’s Approach to Unified English Braille (UEB)
- Personnel Needs and Management
- By-Laws and Nominations