Language Sample Analysis: Assessment and Intervention Planning
Delaware Valley Middle School - Milford; PA
Thursday May 11, 2017 9:00 AM - 3:30 PM
Although language sample analysis is an integral component of a language assessment, many SLPs do not routinely include it because they perceive it as too time consuming. This presentation will show how to make language sampling an effective, efficient, and clinician-accessible tool for diagnosis and intervention planning. Using features common to many word processing programs, this presentation emphasizes efficient methods of transcription and analysis to complete language sampling in 30 minutes.
After completing this program, participants will be able to:
- Describe strategies to increase efficiency in collecting language samples.
- Describe strategies to offer children the most opportunities to produce their most complex language.
- Analyze language samples for mean length of utterance, total number of words, words per sentence, and clauses per sentence.
- Interpret the findings of language sample analysis.
- Analyze language samples to determine appropriate therapy targets.
Speech and Language Pathologist
Individuals attending this workshop must arrive on time and stay the duration of the workshop in order to receive Act 48 Professional Education hours.