Assistive Technology Decision-Making: Examining and Refining IU Processes
Tuesday December 15, 2015 9:30 AM - 3:00 PM
Wednesday March 30, 2016 9:30 AM - 3:00 PM
This event is by invitation only. You must have a registration key in order to register.
This training will provide an overview and discussion of best practices in AT decision-making, in the context of IEP development. IU AT TACs will work with IU leadership to assess their own AT process using Quality Indicators for AT (QIAT). The format will offer sharing of process challenges and opportunities, Q&A with BSE staff, and allow IUs to refine IU AT services to support team decision-making.
- Identify procedural requirements for AT services in state and federal law
- Explore the IEP team’s role in the consideration and assessment of AT for a student
- Demonstrate procedures for effective AT decision-making
- Explain the use of data in determining appropriate AT devices and services recommendations
- Complete self-assessment of IU AT Plans
- Refine local AT process; discuss challenges and opportunities for systems change
Intermediate Unit Assistive Technology TACs, Intermediate Unit Special Education Leaders/Supervisors of AT Services
Individuals attending this course must arrive on time and stay the duration of the course in order to receive Act 48 Professional Education hours. Requests for exceptions are to be brought to the attention of the individual´s Superintendent or IU Director prior to the course.