Strategies for Instructional Access in General Education Classrooms: A Collaborative Framework
Monday February 27, 2017 9:00 AM - 3:15 PM
This event is by invitation only. You must have a registration key in order to register.
Access to instruction is an educational right. However, students access information differently based on their own personal strengths and preferences. Determining how best to support students in accessing instruction can present challenges as strategies and resources may be difficult to locate. These training sessions will provide teams with a Discussion Framework for identifying potential barriers to instructional access in general education classrooms, as well as resources and strategies for supporting instructional access. Teams will select strategies from each of the following categories: printed materials, assessment formats, project/presentation formats and instructional formats. Teams will develop an implementation plan, and assess the impact of strategies on instructional access. This training event will consist of a session in which participants will identify barriers to instruction and determine possible strategies to increase instructional access, through use of Strategies for Instructional Access in General Education Classrooms: A Collaborative Framework, in which participants will share data regarding use of strategies in the classroom.
- Identify instructional variables that impact student learning in general education classrooms
- Describe frequent barriers to instructional access in general education classrooms
- List and describe strategies that support instructional access in general education classrooms
- Identify a plan for implementing the selected strategies and assessing their impact on instructional access in general education classrooms
- Describe data regarding implemented instructional access strategies
- Participate in collaborative discussion with series participants
School teams including a principal/assistant principal, general education teacher and special education teacher