Advanced Consultation Skills when Addressing School Based Needs of Students with Autism
Tuesday March 28, 2017 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Wednesday March 29, 2017 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
This event is by invitation only. You must have a registration key in order to register.
This training will provide consultants within PATTAN’s Autism Initiative ABA Supports advanced training in specific protocols and concepts derived from the field of Applied Behavior Analysis and directly related to providing excellent training and technical support to school based staff serving students with autism. Content will focus on how to guide teachers in developing interventions that involve skills for social-communicative functioning. Specific topics to be address include:
- Dr. Carbone will review and provide an analysis of the PEAK Curriculum and its relevance for PATTAN efforts.
- He will also review procedures, data collection, and skill sequences for teaching mand skills.
- Dr. Carbone will provide an overview of complex verbal relations and the process of teaching students with autism skills such as conversation skills, comprehension skills and advanced intraverbal repertoires.
- The training will involve case reviews in which consultants will provide data regarding consultation efforts. Dr. Carbone will provide technical review of each case study and suggest additional considerations.
- Describe the PEAK curricula, the role of Relational Frame Theory in development of the PEAK system, and its relation to a molecular analysis of verbal behavior in autism interventions.
- Discuss the process of teaching complex mand repertoires for students with autism including teaching mands for information, interrupted chain procedures for teaching problem solving (related to job performance).
- Specify the relation between mand and tact acquisition relative to advanced mand skills for individuals who have developed basic skill sets related to mand and tact repertoires.
- Define pre-requisite skills relevant for teaching complex verbal behavior such as relative concepts, joint control, and verbal conditional discriminations.
PATTAN Consultants serving Autism Initiative and ABA supports, invited Autism TACS and internal coaches form School Districts and Intermediate Units
Individuals attending this course must arrive on time and stay the duration of the course in order to receive Act 48 Professional Education hours. Requests for exceptions are to be brought to the attention of the individual´s Superintendent or IU Director prior to the course.