BrainSTEPS 10th Anniversary-Team Leader Capacity Building
Monday November 21, 2016 9:00 AM - 3:30 PM
This event is by invitation only. You must have a registration key in order to register.
This session is for BrainSTEPS Team Leaders to update their capacity to effectively motivate their BrainSTEPS team and serve students in Pennsylvania following an acquired brain injury. During this training, the team leaders will participate in sharing, brainstorming, and learning about proper teaming techniques that will help facilitate their respective Brain STEPS Teams.Our focus will be on maximizing team efforts and improving instructional strategies to meet the needs of students with TBI.
- Determine optimal team functioning by participating in active discussions between new team leaders and those who have been involved for years
- Learn updated information on mild/moderate/severe acquired brain injury needs of students
- Review the new updates to the ORBS database
- Demonstrate appropriate partnerships/collaborations that must be made for a smooth referral process to take place
- Identify instructional strategies to address specific TBI characteristics
- Effectively work through various student/school case scenarios
This training will be for BrainSTEPS Team Leaders who have completed the initial training sessions.
Individuals attending this course must arrive on time and stay the duration of the course in order to receive Act 48 Professional Education hours. Requests for exceptions are to be brought to the attention of the individual´s Superintendent or IU Director prior to the course.