Effective Core Writing Instruction: The Writing Process -Macro-Level Grades 3-12 ToT
Thursday January 12, 2017 8:30 AM - 3:30 PM
This event is by invitation only. You must have a registration key in order to register.
This workshop features a train the trainers (TOT) approach to implementing content from “Effective Writing Practices for the Core: Best Practices in the Writing Process – Macro-level".
Training content will be reviewed from the perspective of a trainer. During the content review, participants will have opportunities to discuss, practice, and apply components of the writing instruction presented in the Macro-level Writing training series. Due to the importance of explicit writing instruction, time will also be spent on how to design an instructional unit featuring genre-specific writing.
Participants will be able to:
- Identify the components of the writing process
- Discuss and demonstrate how explicit instruction can be used to teach all components of the writing process
- Identify key, research-based features of comprehensive writing instruction (e.g., process writing approach, writing strategies, writing in the content areas, discipline-specific writing)
- Present the progression of skills that enable students to successfully engage in note taking.
- Identify strategies for motivating and engaging students in the writing process during classroom instruction
Regular Education Teachers, Special Education Teachers, ESL Teachers, Reading/Writing Specialists
Individuals attending this course must arrive on time and stay the duration of the course in order to receive Act 48 Professional Education hours. Requests for exceptions are to be brought to the attention of the individual´s Superintendent or IU Director prior to the course.