Check and Connect: A Train the Trainer Event
Tuesday May 03, 2022 8:30 AM - 12:30 PM - Webinar
Thursday May 05, 2022 8:30 AM - 12:30 PM - Webinar
Friday May 06, 2022 8:30 AM - 12:30 PM - Webinar
This event is by invitation only. You must have a registration key in order to register.
This training event offers a train the trainer workshop for participants to become certified Check and Connect trainers. During the training the steps of implementing Check and Connect will be presented. These include preparation and planning, getting to know students, teachers, and families in relationship building, utilizing check procedures and monitoring forms, monitoring the person-environment fit, and providing mentor supports and supervision.
At the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Identify and utilize adult learning principles and assumptions to provide high quality professional development as assessed by peers and the Check and Connect national trainer.
- Plan, prepare, and present the Check and Connect Comprehensive Implementation training, ensuring participants understanding as assessed by their peers and the Check and Connect national trainer.
- Define logistics for independent training with cohorts observed by the Check and Connect national trainer.
- Explain the research that supports the implementation of Check and Connect by engaging in research and then sharing with peers.
- Lead activities and discussions to that assess participant understanding of Check and Connect components and skills in the Comprehensive Implementation training.
IU TaCs and PaTTAN Consultant
Reasonable efforts will be made to accommodate individuals who have special needs as addressed by the Americans with Disabilities Act and who need assistance at this event. Contact: Annette Bauerlein, at 610-878-7211, or firstname.lastname@example.org