Supporting Adult Learners
PaTTAN - Online Course
Monday October 03, 2022 - PaTTAN - Online Course
Monday October 31, 2022 - PaTTAN - Online Course
The first step in supporting adult learners is to create a safe environment and establish positive relationships built on respect and trust. Other important steps include engaging caregivers in decision making through problem solving and planning; drawing upon their prior experience and knowledge; and embedding teaching and learning into everyday activities and routines. In this course, participants will have the opportunity to put these steps into practice through scenarios with caregivers and children across a variety of early childhood settings.
Participants will be able to:
- Explore the principles and characteristics of adult learning
- Identify and apply strategies to support adult learners across a variety of early learning environments.
- Explore resources to support adult learners.
- Identify considerations and limitations that affect adult learning.
- Identify strategies for the successful facilitation of adult learning experiences.
Early Intervention Service Providers and staff
Reasonable efforts will be made to accommodate individuals who have special needs as addressed by the Americans with Disabilities Act and who need assistance at this event. Contact: Molly Martz, at 717-901-2151, or firstname.lastname@example.org