Accelerated Learning through an Integrated System of Support
Tuesday April 27, 2021 - Online
Tuesday June 15, 2021 - Online
This series of professional learning modules focuses on the following key areas:
- Systems-based approach to accelerating learning in response to learning loss during the pandemic
- Managing and improving system conditions through a continuous cycle of examining data and adjusting strategies accordingly
- Academic processes for assessment and data utilization
- Mental health and supportive learning environments
- Scaffolded supports for academic, social and emotional wellbeing
- Family engagement
- Implementation and monitoring routines
- Mentoring and induction
The goal of this course is to ensure districts are prepared to address the needs of staff, students and the larger school community in overcoming the challenges presented by a year-long pandemic that disrupted normal routines, exacerbated existing inequities, and resulted in social, emotional and academic deficits that can be overcome by a comprehensive approach to accelerating learning through an integrated system of supports.
All aspects of this course have been designed by Pennsylvania Department of Education personnel and partners who adhere to the PA Academic Standards, Resiliency Framework, Comprehensive Planning, Future Ready Index and related statutes, regulations and guidelines.
Opportunities for additional support are available through Collaborative Check-ins. Collaborative Check-ins are informal sessions allowing for collaboration and discussion with fellow participants and Series presenters.
Principals, Special Education Administrators, other administrators, General and Special Education Teachers.
Reasonable efforts will be made to accommodate individuals who have special needs as addressed by the Americans with Disabilities Act and who need assistance at this event. Contact: Sadie Hetrick, at 717-901-2273, or email@example.com