Special Education Leadership Academy
July 22-25, 2019
Bedford Springs Conference Center
Bedford Springs, Pennsylvania
Being an effective special education leader requires establishing and maintaining a balance between managing compliance and leading improvement.
The goal of the Special Education Leadership Summer Academy is to increase the knowledge and skills that are vital for special education leaders. This conference offers a variety of sessions for novice and veteran leaders of special education. Several sessions offer content in both compliance and leadership and provide administrators with timely topics to help support their efforts in providing effective programs and services for students with disabilities.
- New and aspiring special education leaders
- Veteran special education leaders
- Anyone responsible for providing leadership to those who work with students with disabilities
The focus of the Leadership Initiative is to increase the knowledge and skills that are vital for special education leaders. Participants who attend the Leadership Academy will be able to:
- Explain how ESSA and Additional Targeted Support and Improvement (ATSI) impacts Pennsylvania
- Identify the benefits of participating in data analysis to effect improvement in graduation rates to create career ready students
- Examine approaches to support special education programs while leading through the lens of compliance and the law
- Apply best practices in leading and supporting change in special education programs K -12
Throughout the week there will be multiple presenters from the Pennsylvania Department of Education, Bureau of Special Education (BSE), Pennsylvania Training and Technical Assistance Network (PaTTAN), local education agencies (LEAs), higher education and other agencies providing services for students with disabilities
For Content Information contact:
Kim Jenkins at 800-441-3215 ext. 7206, firstname.lastname@example.org
The Special Education Leadership Academy is designed by the Pennsylvania Training and Technical Assistance Network (www.pattan.net), whose mission is to support the efforts and initiatives of the Pennsylvania Department of Education’s Bureau of Special Education, and to build the capacity of local educational agencies to serve students who receive special education services.