At PaTTAN, our goal is to provide educators with a breadth of publications that are grounded in proven best practices and a deep research base, reflecting a commitment to school improvement. PaTTAN offers publications on a variety of topics, all focused on improving educational results for students with and without disabilities.
Whether you are just starting out in the field of education, or you want to improve upon the work you and your team are already doing, let PaTTAN support you with the expertise of our educational consultants. Pennsylvania educators, school administrators, and families can view, download, and order PaTTAN publications mailed to their school or home.
Handouts Instructional Materials Other Resources
Find a Publication
July 31, 2019
This issue of Teachers’ Desk Reference provides teachers with effective questioning and discussion techniques used to engage all students actively in learning and to elicit evidence of understanding.
July 31, 2019
PaTTANpod is a thought-provoking discussion program that enables educators to access professional development directly from their classroom, office, or home. PaTTANpod currently offers episodes on a variety of topics, with additional episodes being added monthly.
July 25, 2019
CMCI: Charter School Facilitated Self-Assessment
July 1, 2019
The purpose of this Return to School Protocol is to assist local educational agencies (LEAs) in understanding the importance of monitoring a student’s return to academics following a concussion.
June 24, 2019
This document has been developed to clarify for local educational agencies (LEAs) the important liability issues that may be present when providing sign language interpreters in settings that involve the sharing of confidential information by a student who is deaf or hard of hearing (e.g., when interacting with outside agencies, crisis response and management, in-school therapy and counseling).
June 4, 2019
The Pennsylvania Positive Behavior Support Network (PaPBS) is pleased to announce the 2019 recipients of recognition for high fidelity implementation of Positive Behavior Interventions and Support (PBIS). The PaPBS Network recognition system annually identifies and publicly distinguishes Pennsylvania’s Program Wide (PW) and School Wide (SW) sites for successful implementation of PBIS.
October 17, 2019
This document contains a summary of accomplishments for each area of the Pennsylvania Agenda for Students who are Deaf, Hard of Hearing, or Deaf-Blind.
June 4, 2019
The Pennsylvania Agenda for Students Who Are Deaf, Hard of Hearing, or Deaf-Blind contains a set of goals and activities designed to ensure positive educational outcomes for all Pennsylvania students who are deaf, hard of hearing, or deaf-blind.
Click here for a Summary of Accomplishments
June 1, 2019
This guide provides information that is specific to local educational agencies (LEAs) in Pennsylvania about the elements of effective AT acquisition and funding.
New and Recently Revised!
Step-by-Step Instructions for Searching for, Viewing, and Ordering Publications:
- To search by keyword, click inside the area labeled “Keyword Search” and enter the keyword(s). Click “Go.”
- To search by topic, click the drop-down menu “Filter by Topic.” Once you have selected a topic, click “Go.”
- Click the title of the publication.
- A new page will open that will give you the option of viewing the publication.
- To view the publication, click the Download button.
- The publication will open in Adobe Acrobat. You may either view the document or save it to your computer.
- To order a publication in hard copy, click the “Add to Cart” button. If the “Add to Cart” button is not visible, the publication is available only for download.
- To continue shopping, click the back arrow.
- When you have finished shopping, click “View my Cart” at the top of the page. Add the quantity desired for each publication listed. To remove a publication from your order, click on the X. Click “Checkout.”
- Upon successful transaction, an order confirmation will be sent to you.
Thank you for your interest in PaTTAN publications!
PaTTAN - East