The Language Instruction Educational Programs in MTSS - Policy and Practices for Charter Schools
Thursday November 02, 2017 2:00 PM - 3:30 PM
This session will focus on legal requirements, the development, implementation of language instruction educational programs aligned to ESSA and the PA Department of Education requirements. The presentation will address how to develop a handbook aligned on the needs of their English learners using the federal and state guidance.
It will also address instruction and assessment best practices to meet the federal and state requirements and support students’ academic, linguistic, and behavioral success in school in a MTSS framework. Tools and resources will be shared to empower charter schools in the development and implementation of an effective language instruction educational program.
- Identify the ESSA legal requirements related to the education of English learners.
- Examine resources to support educators, students and families in multi-tiered systems of support.
- Identify the components of an ELD Handbook
- Analyze the language instruction educational program best practices aligned to the needs of their student population.
- Self-assess current instructional practices.
- Evaluate tools and resources to support charter schools in the development and implementation of an effective language instruction educational program.
ESL Teachers, ESL Administrators, Content Teachers, Special Education Teachers, Building Administrators, Counselors
Individuals attending this course must arrive on time and stay the duration of the course in order to receive Act 48 Professional Education hours. Requests for exceptions are to be brought to the attention of the individual´s Superintendent or IU Director prior to the course.