Effective MTSS Practices for Meeting the Requirements of ESSA for English Learners
Wednesday October 25, 2017 2:00 PM - 3:30 PM
This session will focus on current standards for engaging families and communities as partners in student learning/academic achievement. There will be opportunities to explore culturally responsive best practices related to the engagement of diverse families and communities in MTSS. It will address the importance of including, as part of instruction in MTSS, strategies and resources to help secondary ELs to plan for their future.
- Identify the federal ESSA requirements for family engagement.
- Define meaningful family engagement for English Learners’ success.
- Implement culturally responsive family and community engagement in their school context.
- Identify culturally responsive strategies to assist students in planning for their future.
- Describe the resources that support students planning and getting ready to pursue a career or enter the world of work.
ESL Teachers, ESL Administrators, Content Teachers, Special Education Teachers, Building Administrators, Counselors
Individuals attending this course must arrive on time and stay the duration of the course in order to receive Act 48 Professional Education hours. Requests for exceptions are to be brought to the attention of the individual´s Superintendent or IU Director prior to the course.