Keystone Biology I Module A: Cells and Cellular Processes
PaTTAN - Online Course
Monday December 07, 2015
Sunday March 13, 2016
This interactive online course provides Special Education teachers the opportunity to deepen their understanding of Keystone Biology concepts like levels of biological organization, cell structure, cell processes, cell function, active transport, passive transport, unique molecular properties and their importance to life, levels of biochemical organization, formation/function of biological molecules, enzymatic function, biochemical reactions and energy transformation and its importance to life.
- Strengthen their Keystone Biology I (Module A) content knowledge.
- Expand an understanding of specific instructional strategies that support learning for all students.
- Deepen background knowledge of Biology Keystone Assessment Anchors and Eligible Content.
- Deepen background knowledge of the Pa Core Reading, and Writing for Science and Technical Subjects Standards.
- Develop scientific literacy skills.
- Design and develop a master lesson.
Highly qualified special educators who teach science/biology, IU consultants, regular educators who teach science/biology, and PaTTAN educational consultants.
Individuals participating in this course must complete each lesson and all the associated course activities in order to receive Act 48 Professional Education hours. Requests for exceptions are to be brought to the attention of the individuals Superintendent or IU Director prior to the course.