RENEW TOT Training
Thursday June 07, 2018 9:00 AM - 3:30 PM
Friday June 08, 2018 9:00 AM - 3:30 PM
This event is by invitation only. You must have a registration key in order to register.
RENEW (Rehabilitation for Empowerment, Natural Supports, Education and Work) is a secondary transition intervention developed by the University of New Hampshire Institute on Disability. RENEW supports adolescents with emotional and behavioral challenges. Schools in PA have begun to implement RENEW as a tertiary level intervention to promote high school completion and preparedness for life events after high school. Participants invited to attend this training will be trained as RENEW Trainers of Training and will be approved to offer the RENEW training to their local educational agencies. Participants will learn a person-centered planning process that is an integral component to support the academic and behavioral progress of students. Additionally, participants will discuss facilitation and training protocols to support teams´ action plan development and implementation as well as individualized student team development.
Participants will be able to:
- Identify the major features of the RENEW implementation process and delivery system
- Identify the differences between RENEW TOTs and RENEW Facilitators
- Identify the differences between the school’s tertiary team and the student’s individual team
- Practice RENEW facilitation and mapping
- Identify the implementation science with the RENEW fidelity tools
New RENEW TOTs
Individuals attending this workshop must arrive on time and stay the duration of the workshop in order to receive Act 48 Professional Education hours.