Building Administrator Capacity: A Focus on Secondary Transition
Tuesday January 16, 2018 9:00 AM - 3:15 PM
Wednesday March 07, 2018 9:00 AM - 1:15 PM
Through this training series, administrators who serve as Local Education Agency (LEA) representatives will become equipped with tools to lead compliant and best practice secondary transition programs to meet the needs of students of transition-age. In addition, administrators will review their current practices related to secondary transition and determine ways in which to enhance programming for successful post-secondary goals for all students.
Participants will be able to:
- Define secondary transition and identify the legal requirements and implications
- Outline the role of the LEA representative in the IEP meeting and identify ways for LEAs to support district transition teams
- Explain the transition planning process and list components of effective IEPs
- Identify the who, what, when, where, why and how of secondary transition
- Discuss compliance considerations related to transition
- Describe best practices in programming for secondary transition
Special Education Administrators, Building Principals, Transition Coordinators and/or Special Education Teachers, School Psychologists, School Counselors, and others interested in this topic.
Individuals attending this course must arrive on time and stay the duration of the course in order to receive Act 48 Professional Education hours. Requests for exceptions are to be brought to the attention of the individual´s Superintendent or IU Director prior to the course.