Formative Assessment: Effective Questioning and Discussion at the Elementary Level
Monday April 11, 2016 8:30 AM - 4:00 PM
This session will assist educators to implement highly effective questioning and discussion techniques that are some of the most powerful tools that we have to elicit and explore student thinking. The session will focus on the types and functions of questions which lead to more rigorous student thinking and learning. Strategies to engage students in more effective discussions will also be offered.
- Learn and apply principles of effective questioning and discussion techniques
- Review and Develop Quality Questions
- Review and Evaluate Discussion Techniques
- Review and Evaluate Student Involvement
- Apply Principles and Practices to Tiers 1, 2 and 3
General and Special Educators
Individuals attending this course must arrive on time and stay the duration of the course in order to receive Act 48 Professional Education hours. Requests for exceptions are to be brought to the attention of the individual´s Superintendent or IU Director prior to the course.