Embedding Formative Assessment through Professional Learning Communities- Year 2
Friday October 02, 2015 8:30 AM - 4:00 PM
This event is by invitation only. You must have a registration key in order to register.
This course is the second year of a two-year training commitment between school based teams and PaTTAN focusing on Embedding Formative Assessment-A Professional Development Pack for Schools. In collaboration with PaTTAN school-based teams are implementing formative assessment practices through the structure and processes of a professional learning community. Educators will provide evidence of increased student achievement as a function of formative assessment, peer observation, professional goal setting and student permanent products. This training series is open only to those teams who have completed year one of the training series.
Teams will develop skills in the following areas:
- Understand and apply the pedagogical formative assessment technique of sharing learning intentions and success criteria
- Use feedback from students to inform and adjust teaching practice
- Provide specific feedback to colleagues on their formative assessment practices
- Understand and apply the pedagogical formative assessment technique of comment-only marking/feedback
- Understand and apply the pedagogical formative assessment technique of hinge-point questions
- Understand and apply the tenets of professional learning communities
- Understand and apply the Standards for Professional Learning
This training series is only available to teams who have completed year 1 of the Embedding Formative Assessment Series at each PaTTAN site.
Individuals attending this course must arrive on time and stay the duration of the course in order to receive Act 48 Professional Education hours. Requests for exceptions are to be brought to the attention of the individual´s Superintendent or IU Director prior to the course.