QBS Safety Care Initial Training for Trainers
Wednesday November 07, 2018 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Thursday November 08, 2018 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Friday November 09, 2018 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
This event is by invitation only. You must have a registration key in order to register.
Safety Care is designed to guide safe and therapeutic interactions between students and teachers working in and educational setting. It is a competency-based behavioral safety training program that teaches participants to proactively and positively engage clients in behaviors that are incompatible with anger and aggression.
Safety-Care training teaches procedures and strategies to prevent and safely manage behavioral challenges while maintaining the students’ respect and dignity.
The program is based on principles of applied behavior analysis and focuses on training reinforcement-based strategies, teaching participants to proactively and positively engage clients in behaviors that are incompatible with anger and aggression.
- Trainees will be able to describe and demonstrate the skills necessary to prevent incidents of problem behavior.
- Trainees will be able to describe and demonstrate skills to minimize behavior incidents, including identification of antecedents and de-escalation procedures.
- Trainees will be able to describe and demonstrate physical safety skills for managing dangerous behavior.
- Trainees will be able to describe and demonstrate emergency physical intervention skills that are safe and follow a least intrusive and least restrictive model.
- Trainees will be able to describe and demonstrate effective procedures for teaching the Safety-Care behavioral safety course to adult learners.
Autism and Behavior TaC´s from each IU and trainers from each APS
Individuals attending this course must arrive on time and stay the duration of the course in order to receive Act 48 Professional Education hours. Requests for exceptions are to be brought to the attention of the individual´s Superintendent or IU Director prior to the course.