Supports for Families
Please note office hours are intended to provide real-time technical assistance to educators, caregivers, parents, and students. All sessions will be recorded. Technical assistance is not legal advice. Specific questions concerning a student’s special education program or the laws relating to the provision of services in a child’s IEP (Individualized Educational Program) should be directed to ConsultLine at 800-879-2301
Testing your system:
Participants are encouraged to test your computers/devices prior to the date of the web conference using https://zoom.us/test, and to seek local assistance if you encounter difficulty.
Date/Time: Mondays, 4:00-6:00PM and Thursdays, 9:00-11:00AM
Possible Topics: STEM, PAsmart, Computer Science for All
Email for Questions: PAsmart@pattan.net
- Hour of Code - Collection of one-hour tutorials, searchable by available technology, grade-levle and more. (Duration: 1 hr)
- Scratch - Block-based programming platform compatible with any web-enabled device. It also provides online tutorials (Scratch ideas). For those with limited internet, download the Scratch offline version.
- CS Academy - Introductory CS Course designed for high school students.
Weekly Webcast through Code.org
Wednesdays at 1 PM ET begining March 25, 2020
Tune in with students to watch members of the team behind Code.org, including their founder Hadi Partovie, teaching different computer science concepts.
Code Break (Code.org):
Weekly live webcasts where Code.org
will deliver instruction for students
Learn CS, unplugged
: Whether out of necessity due to limited internet access or as ways for different types of engagement, there are many options to explore CS through "unplugged" (does not involve computers or the internet) activities.
Read about CS
- CS Unplugged - Collection of free activitites that teach CS through games and puzzles. Teaching materials are provided with each activity.
- Explore CS with fiction and nonfiction reading.