Supports for Families
Please note office hours are intended to provide real-time technical assistance to educators, caregivers, parents, and students. Technical assistance is not legal advice. Specific questions concerning a student’s special education program or the laws relating to the provision of services in a child’s IEP (Individualized Educational Program) should be directed to ConsultLine at 800-879-2301
Possible Topics: We are here to support families. Whether you have just become your student’s math tutor or you are looking for ideas to enrich math learning at home, we can offer personalized support to families. Submit your questions using the email address below and a consultant at PaTTAN will personally reach out to support you and your family.
Email for Questions: MathTutor@pattan.net
- Handwriting in Mathematics - This is a series of videos that discuss the importance of teaching students to write numbers as well as illustrate effective handwriting activities for letters as they relate to numbers. Downloadable activities can be found in the video descriptions. (Duration 8-15 min each)
- Supporting Math Instruction with CRA Methodologies - This is a series of videos illustrate how to model various math concepts/procedures using manipulatives and drawings. (Duration 3-15 min each)
- PBS KIDS for Parents – Activities to do at home with young students, covering many content areas
- Math Strategies to Support Intensifying Interventions – guidance and sample plans to support student struggling with mathematics from the National Center on Intensive Intervention
- Project STAIR – Project STAIR is a resource for teachers and parents who are looking for help in teaching their students math. Project STAIR is a research project collaboration between the University of Missouri, Southern Methodist University, and the University of Texas at Austin.
- USC Viterbi: K-12 STEM Center – A list of online STEM resources