Open Hands Open Access: Deaf-Blind Intervention Modules
Module 18: Team Collaboration and Family Partnerships
PaTTAN - Online Course
Saturday March 11, 2023 - PaTTAN - Online Course
Friday March 31, 2023 - PaTTAN - Online Course
This event is by invitation only. You must have a registration key in order to register.
This course will provide insights into how a child with deaf-blindness has different experiences of everyday situations than other individuals in the same environment. By identifying some of the impacts of deaf-blindness, an intervener or communication partner can begin to interpret a child´s responses to the environment in new ways and provide supports to the child based on that understanding. This understanding is the vital key to enable the student to become a more proficient communicator.
- Explain the importance of clear communication for the team dynamic.
- Describe strategies to support good team communication.
- Identify the role and responsibilities of each member of the team, including the family.
- Understand the importance of role release.
- Describe strategies for conflict resolution.
Teams and Individuals working with and/or interested in professional development regarding students who are deaf-blind, such as parents, teachers, paraprofessionals, administrators, and other service providers, including those who are not seeking to become interveners.