Strategies for Defusing and Preventing Challenging Behavior
Wednesday October 25, 2023 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM - PaTTAN - WEST
This training aims to provide in-the-moment regulation activities an educator can utilize when a student's behavior escalates, as well as long term strategies an educator can use to increase the odds of helping students maintain a regulated state. Participants will learn the phases of escalation, identify behaviors associated with each phase, and incorporate associated strategies designed to defuse behavior into an individualized plan. Participants will also learn strategies to encourage appropriate behavior to prevent challenging behaviors.
Participants will be able to:
- Describe the ABCs of behavior.
- Examine 7 phases of escalating behavior.
- Identify and describe behaviors associated with the 7 phases.
- Identify their role in preventing challenging behaviors from occurring.
- Define effective strategies to use when responding to challenging behaviors.
Educators including general and special education teachers, instructional support staff, school psychologists, school counselors, and administrator
Location: PaTTAN - CENTRAL
Reasonable efforts will be made to accommodate individuals who have special needs as addressed by the Americans with Disabilities Act and who need assistance at this event. Contact: Tina Rife, at 717-901-2278, or email@example.com