Renaissance Star Assessments and Student Growth Percentiles: Informing Response to Intervention
Friday September 13, 2019 8:30 AM - 11:45 AM
This workshop will inform current users about Renaissance Learning’s Student Growth Percentile (SGP) model and its effectiveness in monitoring student growth to make decisions in the Response to Intervention (RTI) process. Participants will learn how to set goals using SGPs within Renaissance Star Products and how Star Assessments can assist with SLD determination, progress monitoring, and determining rates of improvement. Participants will learn how SGPs aid in setting performance goals for students who need frequent progress monitoring. Problem-solving teams will understand how educators can bridge the gap between data and instruction in identifying teacher and student resources uniquely correlated to individual student skills.
Participants will be able to:
- Identify the basic components of Renaissance Star Assessments and their ability to assist problem-solving teams with accurate and timely decision-making.
- Describe the essential components of using Star Assessments within the RTI decision making model as it relates to SLD eligibility determination.
- Define Student Growth Percentiles (SGPs).
- Describe how Student Growth Percentiles (SGPs) may be used by problem-solving teams to inform high realistic goal-setting.
- Explain the role of SGPs as they relate to progress-monitoring and instructional intensification as well as in SLD eligibility decision-making.
Renaissance STAR users, IU TaCs, Admin (General and Special ed), Reading Specialists, School Psychs, Special Educators