Check and Connect Train-the-Trainer
Tuesday September 18, 2018 8:30 AM - 3:30 PM
Wednesday September 19, 2018 8:30 AM - 3:30 PM
Thursday September 20, 2018 8:30 AM - 11:30 AM
This training offers a train the trainer workshop for participants to become certified Check and Connect trainers. The participants will be introduced to the steps of implementing Check and Connect which include the following: 1) planning and preparation, 2) getting to know students, teachers, and families in relationship building, 3) using check procedures and monitoring forms, 4) monitoring the person-environment fit, and 5) providing mentor supports and supervision.
Participants will be able to:
• Identify and demonstrate adult learning principles and assumptions to deliver high quality professional development as assessed by their peers and national trainer
• Prepare and present the Check and Connect Comprehensive Implementation training, ensuring participant/audience understanding as assessed by their peers and national trainer
• Describe logistics for independent, observed training with cohorts and national trainer
• Explain past and current research which supports Check and Connect by researching and sharing with peers
• Lead activities and discussions to ensure participant/audience understanding of Check and Connect components and skills in the Comprehensive Implementation training
IU TaCs and PaTTAN Consultants who are involved with Path to Graduation (P2G)
Individuals attending this course must arrive on time and stay the duration of the course in order to receive Act 48 Professional Education hours. Requests for exceptions are to be brought to the attention of the individual's Superintendent or IU Director prior to the course.