High Expectations for Students With Low Incidence Disabilities
November 13-15, 2017
Over the past several years, Pennsylvania’s Low Incidence Institute has provided educators and families with the opportunity to engage in deep learning and collegial discussion on topics and strategies essential to the learning and achievement of students with low incidence disabilities.
We are excited to announce the following:
- A new name! HELIX: High Expectations for Students with Low Incidence Disabilities. HELIX focuses on the foundation of preparing ALL students, especially students with low incidence disabilities, to be college or career ready when they leave Pennsylvania’s schools. The logo of the interconnected arrows moving upward symbolizes high expectations for student achievement, entwined with strong professional collaboration to help our students accomplish their goals.
- A new time of year! HELIX will be held toward the first part of the school year, so you can immediately apply your newly-acquired knowledge to your work with students and share ideas with your colleagues.
- Two new strands! HELIX has an added focus on strategies and supports for students with intellectual disabilities and students with complex communication needs.
- Assistive Technology Exhibit Hall! On Tuesday, November 14, vendors will provide hands-on interaction with and information about tools and resources that will support student access to learning, including communication, literacy, writing, sensory skills, and many more!
Updates about speakers and registration will be posted as they become available!
Who Should Attend?
If you support:
• Students who are blind or visually impaired,
• Students with hearing loss,
• Students who have sustained traumatic brain injury,
• Students who are Deaf-Blind,
• Students with intellectual disabilities, or
• Students with complex communication needs
Join us in November!