PaTTAN Autism Initiative ABA Supports: Intensive Skill Training
PaTTAN - King of Prussia Map »
Event Type: Inservices/workshops
Credit Type: (18 hours) (20 hours) (1.8 hours)
Registration Contact: Sue Cartwright, email@example.com, 800-360-7282
Content Contact: Mike Miklos, firstname.lastname@example.org, 800-360-7282
Please note: Priority for registration will be given to school educators.
This session will provide intensive training and analogue guided practice in teaching skills for applied behavior analytic interventions incorporating an analysis of verbal behavior. It will review protocols established within the PaTTAN Autism Initiative ABA Supports. Focus will be on skills related to teaching students with autism and related developmental disorders. The three day training will involve participants demonstrating skills related to identifying the verbal operants and other ABA concepts, developing classroom schedules and card sort systems for teaching, demonstrating procedures for intensive teaching (discrete trial instruction) and basic mand training skills. The session will include a brief overview of the VB-MAPP assessment tool and deriving student programs based on the assessment outcomes. Establishing instructional control and reducing problem behavior will also be discussed. Participants will be required to demonstrate acquisition of conceptual skills through brief oral and written assessments, participate in active responding and competency check skill demonstration of various teaching protocols.
- Participants will name verbal operants observed in a teaching session at a rate of at least 20 per minute during a one minute timing.
- Participants will pass a brief written and oral competency exam on basic behavioral concepts.
- Participants will demonstrate use of a card sort system to guide intensive teaching procedures.
- Participants will state basic procedures to establish instructional control.
- Participant teams will review a classroom schedule that includes dense schedule of instruction for critical competencies.
- Participants will demonstrate the teaching protocol for basic intensive teaching of verbal operants including fast pace presentation of trials, mixed and varied instruction, effective use of variable ratio schedule of reinforcement, and fluent student responding.
- Participants will accurately state and demonstrate errorless teaching procedures for intensive teaching protocol.
- Participants will accurately state and demonstrate error correction procedures for intensive teaching protocol.
- Participants will demonstrate use of appropriate prompt procedures.
- Participants will demonstrate process of presenting mand trials including mand transfer trials and mand error correction procedures.
- Participants will identify and complete basic data collection procedures including cold probe for intensive teaching targets, mand cold probe procedures, and mand frequency.
- Participants will develop example classroom schedules that provide adequate allotment of instructional responding in relation to critical verbal skills.
New classroom teams and returning classroom teams participating in the PaTTAN Autism Initiative ABA/VB efforts (PA VB Project)
Individuals attending this course must arrive on time and stay the duration of the course in order to receive Act 48 Professional Education hours. Requests for exceptions are to be brought to the attention of the individual´s Superintendent or IU Director prior to the course.
Topics Covered: Autism
- You must be logged in to comment.
Please use the comments for discussion and to contribute your reviews, perspective and thoughts. Your colleagues and other visitors will appreciate it! If you need help, please contact us. Requests for help will not be answered in comments.
- PaTTAN Educational Consultant
Reasonable efforts will be made to accommodate individuals who have special needs as addressed by the Americans with Disabilities Act and who need assistance at this training. Contact: Sue Cartwright, at 800-360-7282 × 3431, or email@example.com.
Participants must attend all 3 days to receive credit.