IDEA Training for Charter Schools
PaTTAN - Pittsburgh Map »
Event Type: Inservices/workshops
Credit Type: (5 hours)
Registration Contact: Patty Panuccio, firstname.lastname@example.org, 412-826-6841
Content Contact: Sielke Caparelli, email@example.com, 412-826-6869
Designed to support charter school educators and leaders in their understanding and application of IDEA and Chapter 711, this session will address key touch points throughout the process of identifying and providing services for students with disabilities. This session will be interactive to provide clarification and opportunity to interact with regulatory information and school-related scenarios.
- Explain the role that Child Find and screening play in identifying students in need of special education and related services.
- Outline the assessment requirements, timelines and forms used in the evaluation and reevaluation processes.
- State the requirements related to the development and implementation of an IEP, including content, makeup of IEP team, timelines and required forms.
- Demonstrate how to access and utilize regulatory codes and credible supporting materials related to IDEA and Chapter 711.
Charter school administrators, charter school special education teachers, charter school general education teachers.
Individuals attending this course must arrive on time and stay the duration of the course in order to receive Act 48 Professional Education hours. Requests for exceptions are to be brought to the attention of the individual´s Superintendent or IU Director prior to the course.
Topics Covered: Charter Schools
- Location: PaTTAN - Harrisburg
- Registration: OPEN
- Location: PaTTAN - East
- Registration: OPEN
- You must be logged in to comment.
Please use the comments for discussion and to contribute your reviews, perspective and thoughts. Your colleagues and other visitors will appreciate it! If you need help, please contact us. Requests for help will not be answered in comments.
- PaTTAN Educational Consultant
Reasonable efforts will be made to accommodate individuals who have special needs as addressed by the Americans with Disabilities Act and who need assistance at this training. Contact: Debbie Parra, at 800-441-3215, or firstname.lastname@example.org.