Bringing Life to Books to Facilitate Early Language and Literacy DevelopmentUploaded: March 15, 2017 | 0 Comments |
The training program will focus on the development and use of experience books to facilitate early language and literacy development of infants, toddlers and preschool age who are deaf or hard of hearing. Evidence-based literacy practices, recent research pointing to the benefits of early print exposure for children’s future linguistic development, and critical period effects will also be examined.
Handouts are available for the training:
1. Powerpoint: presentation: This document has the slides to be followed by attendees during the training.
2. Handout: This document lists additional web resources.
3. Handout: This document is a parent questionnaire form.
4. Handout: This document has additional online samples to be used in creating the experience book.
Title of Training: Bringing Life to Books to Facilitate Early Language and Literacy Development
Presenter: Carla Wood, Ph.D.
Training Date: 03/27/2017
Topic: Deaf/Hard of Hearing, Early Intervention - Infant/Toddler, Early Intervention - Preschool
- You must be logged in to comment.
Please use the comments for discussion and to contribute your reviews, perspective and thoughts. Your colleagues and other visitors will appreciate it! If you need help, please contact us. Requests for help will not be answered in comments.