Preparing Transition Age Youth with Autism for College and EmploymentUploaded: September 29, 2016 | 0 Comments |
This training will cover definitions of neurodiversity, as well as the challenges, and opportunities regarding college and employment of students with Autism. SAP, the global leader in enterprise software, will discuss trends among high profile employers and the creation of successful workforce programs. We will also offer an overview on training modules informed by the work at SAP. These materials provide practical approaches to preparing students for college and employment. Presenters will share the specifics of the new Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act as well as the role the Office for Vocational Rehabilitation (OVR) plays in Secondary Transition, Early Reach, and Pre-Employment Transition Services.
2. About the Program
3. Autism At Work
4. Social Skill for the Work Place
5. Stress Busters- Preparing Transition Age Youth with Autism for Employment
6. Resources and Materials for High Schools
7. Pittsburgh Model: Pre-Employment Transition Services Continuum
Title of Training: Preparing Transition Age Youth with Autism for College and Employment
Presenter: Tanya Regli, Jose Velasco, Michele Bornman
Training Date: 10/12/2016
Topic: Autism, Secondary Transition
- You must be logged in to comment.
Please use the comments for discussion and to contribute your reviews, perspective and thoughts. Your colleagues and other visitors will appreciate it! If you need help, please contact us. Requests for help will not be answered in comments.
- Orientation and Mobility Test Prep: Relevant Medical Information and Assessment
March 23, 2017
- Alternate Eligible Content Winter/Spring Series 2017: Alternate Eligible Content and Effective Instructional Delivery
March 21, 2017
- 2016-2017 National COP Webinar Series - Career Preparation and Work-Based Learning
March 15, 2017