Two types of special education paraprofessionals provide support in Pennsylvania schools

Paraprofessional working with student

Instructional paraprofessionals work under the guidance of both general and special education teachers to support educational programming. Paraprofessionals may be called classroom aides, teacher assistants, instructional aides, or job coaches.

Personal Care Assistants (PCAs) provide one-to-one, non-instructional support to individual students for activities of daily living, health, behavior, etc.



  • Wendy Farone
    Data Analysis, Reading, Paraprofessionals, Students with Complex Support Needs, Multi-Tiered Systems of Support (MTSS/RtII)
View All Consultants »